Test Drive Agreement
Please read the below agreement prior to your test-drive with us.
If you have any concerns regarding this agreement or are unable to meet the requirements of completing a test drive with our Toyota Store, please contact your salesperson.
- I will take full responsibility for any and all charges or fines incurred by me during the period of the test drive, including all speed camera fines, red light camera fines, parking infringement notices, speeding fines and any other infringement of which I might be liable under the Land Transport Act 1998 and associated regulations.
- I accept responsibility for the first $1,000.00 (or $1,350.00 for drivers under the age of 25 years) for damage sustained to the vehicle should it suffer an accident while in my possession.
- In the event that the vehicle is damaged while in my possession and I or the driver are found to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and/or found guilty of driving in either a dangerous, culpable or negligent manner, I will be solely and wholly responsible for the total cost of repairs to the vehicle.
- I agree that Toyota New Zealand Limited (“Toyota New Zealand”) and/or the Toyota Store may contact me to make an offer to me and/or to discuss terms and conditions of any such offer relating to the vehicle that I drove or expressed interest in, or any other vehicle that may meet my needs.
- I hold a current unencumbered driver’s licence and am authorised to drive motor vehicles including the type being tested.
- I am not disqualified from driving nor obtaining a driver’s licence. My driver’s licence is not, at the time of agreeing to this declaration, suspended or revoked.
- I warrant that any other person who may drive the vehicle while it is in my possession satisfies the provisions of clauses 5 and 6 above.
- I agree that Toyota New Zealand and the Toyota Store may use and disclose my information if required to meet Toyota New Zealand’s legal obligations.
- I acknowledge that I can contact Toyota New Zealand and the Toyota Store at any time and ask not to be contacted or update my contact preferences.
- To the greatest extent permitted by law, neither the Store, Toyota New Zealand nor any related company or associated person or party of either of them will be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered or sustained (including, but not limited to, consequential loss) as a result of the test drive, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- Where there are two or more customers agreeing to this declaration, references to “I”, “me” and “my” shall be read as “we”, “us” and “our”.
- I have read and I understand the nature of this declaration.