Terms & Conditions
Miles Group welcomes you to this website. The website and all its contents are owned by Miles Group who sell and distribute vehicles, parts, and other products. By viewing the site you acknowledge that you have read the following disclaimers below.
This website contains Terms and Conditions in which apply to your use of any internet site operated by the Miles Group or its companies (referred to as Miles Group, our, us or we):
(b) any other website established by the Miles Group;
(c) any other website’s pages or applications that gather personal data for us to use for marketing or promotional purposes; and
(d) any social media platform, containing pages established by, or associated with us, including, but not limited to:
(iv) YouTube; and
(v) Instagram (together referred to as the Social Networking Sites and any one of them a Social Networking Site),
(each of (a), (b), (c) and (d) are collectively referred to as the Web Sites).
We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions. Amendments are effective immediately once the amendment has been published. Your continued use of the Web Sites following such amendments being placed on the Website will represent an agreement by you to be bound by the Terms and Conditions as amended. Such amendments may include replacing these Terms and Conditions with entirely new Terms and Conditions.
Accuracy Of Information
While every endeavor has been made to ensure all of the information contained in this website is accurate, the information may not be accurate at the time you view this site because of changes over time. For instance, the vehicles, accessories, and prices displayed may no longer be available. Further, we may, for any reason, introduce any changes that we deem necessary. Please contact us to confirm the information shown.
We will not be liable in any way whatsoever to any person for any cause of action arising directly or indirectly out of the information contained in this website. Further, we are not bound in any way to offer, make available, or provide any of the goods or services referred to in this website. All prices included in this website are in New Zealand dollars. The recommended retail prices are recommended only and there is no obligation for us or our dealers to comply with the recommendation. Prices shown do not include on-road costs and are exclusive of fitting costs. Prices and specifications are subject to change without notice. Please contact us for confirmation.
When you submit a contact, enquiry, or email form, we may retain your details to enable us, and your dealer, to keep you informed about our products and services. You have the right to inspect or update your details at any time, either in writing or by calling 03 379 0610. If you do not wish to receive information about our products and services, you can be excluded from our database by calling the above number.
The references above to we, us and our are references to Miles Group.
Advertising & Promotions
On Road Costs
All pricing is ‘MRP’ (Maximum Retail Price) and excludes on-road costs (ORC) unless stated as ‘driveaway’. On-road costs for new petrol (non-commercial) vehicles are from $1,395 which includes GST, 12 months registration, full tank of fuel, 3 years WOF, genuine floor mats, groom, and pre-delivery inspection. Warranty and Roadside assistance packages vary from brand. On-road costs for new diesel (non-commercial) vehicles are from $1,495 which includes the above plus the first 3,000km Road Users Charges. On-road costs for commercial vehicles are from $1,695.
All of our pricing is in New Zealand dollars (NZD) unless otherwise stated.
‘We come to you’ 24 Hour Test Drive
Please note: ‘We come to you’ test drive program is within 30km of any Miles Group location in which you collected the vehicle from, and available on all weekdays. Off-site test drives outside of this are available by arrangement only; please contact us for more information. Subject to vehicle availability.
General Offer Terms and Conditions
Pricing excludes On Road Costs unless otherwise stated. Vehicles shown may include optional extras or accessories and features not available in New Zealand. All finance subject to fees and credit criteria. Contact our team for details. More about finance.
Credit Card Surcharges
Credit card surcharges for transactions over $1,000:
Credit card not present: 2.1%
American Express: 2.75%
Payments by Debit Cards, Cash, Cheque or Eftpos do not incur transaction fees.
You are entitled to change your payment to avoid these fees.
Terms of Trade
All goods and services supplied by the Vendor are supplied on the following terms of trade. These terms of trade may be changed by notice.
- Ownership of goods remains with the Vendor until payment for the goods is made in full.
- Risk and Delivery
- Delivery occurs at the time possession of the goods passes from the Vendor to the Buyer or a person nominated by the Buyer. The date on which delivery occurs is referred to in these terms as the Possession Date.
- The risk in goods supplied passes to the Buyer on delivery. The Buyer must insure goods from delivery.
- The Vendor is not liable to the Buyer for any delay or failure to supply goods or services.
- All orders for goods will be filled at prices prevailing on the Possession Date and the Buyer must pay the prices charged.
- Services will be charged at rates prevailing on the date on which services are rendered or if the supply occurs over more than one day, the last day on which services are rendered (“Supply Date”).
- All prices are plus GST and other taxes which are payable by the buyer.
- Terms of Payment
- Payment for goods is due in cash on the Possession Date except where the Vendor has agreed in writing that trade terms shall apply in which case payment is due on the 20th day of the month following the Possession Date.
- Payment for services is due in cash on the Supply Date except where the Vendor has agreed in writing that trade terms shall apply in which case payment is due on the 20th day of the month following the Supply Date.
- Limitation of Liability
- The Vendors liability for any defect in the goods is limited to the purchase price of those goods. If goods are returned by the Buyer, the Vendor may, in its discretion, repair or replace the goods, or refund the purchase price to the Buyer, provided that:
- the goods must be returned, to the Vendor within seven (7) days of the Possession Date; and
- Procured items ex Japan are non-returnable; and
- the Buyer must supply the date and number of any invoice relating to the goods; and
- the Vendor must have a reasonable opportunity to inspect the goods.
- The Vendor shall not be responsible for any damage caused either to the goods or as a result of the malfunction of such goods if:
- The goods are fitted by unqualified tradesperson; or
- The goods are not fitted to a good trade standard; or
- The goods are in any way adapted to a use for which they are not specifically intended; or
- The goods are added to or repaired using components not recommended or approved by the manufacturer of such goods.
- The Vendor shall have no further liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss or damage arising from any supply of goods or services.
- Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
- Where a supply is for business purposes, the Buyer agrees that the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 do not apply.
- Nothing in these terms limits any rights the Buyer may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
The security interest created by clause 1 of these terms becomes enforceable if any of the following events occurs:
- The Buyer fails to pay any money owing on the due date;
- The Buyer sells, parts with possession, leases or disposes of any goods or does anything inconsistent with the Vendor’s ownership of the goods prior to making payment in full to the Vendor;
- The Vendor believes the Buyer has committed or will commit an act of bankruptcy, has had or is about to have a receiver appointed, or is declared insolvent.
- The goods are at risk, as that term is defined in the PPSA 1999;
- The Buyer neglects or fails to carry on its business to the reasonable satisfaction of the Vendor, or if there is a significant deterioration in the trading or asset position of the Buyer.
The Buyer must pay the Vendor’s costs (including legal costs, as between Solicitor and Client) of and incidental to the enforcement or attempted enforcement of the Vendor’s rights, remedies and powers under these Terms of Trade.
- Guarantees and Conditions:
Except as provided in the next succeeding clause hereof no warranty or conditions shall be implied herein against the seller by Statute, Common Law, Law Merchant or otherwise howsoever and no representation or express condition or warranty shall be binding on the seller unless it be in writing and signed for or on behalf of the seller.
Where the goods or any of them are subject to an express warranty given by the manufacturer thereof or the parties supplying the same to the seller in either case being a warranty upon which the seller may rely, then the terms of such express warranty shall be deemed to be incorporated herein but without creating any privity of contract between the buyer and such manufacturers or supplier to the seller and in such case where a claim is made by the buyer under such warranty the judgement of the manufacturer or supplier as the case may be, as to whether or not there has been a breach of the said warranty shall be final and binding upon the seller and the buyer.
- Extent of Liability
- The liability of the seller to the buyer shall not in any case exceed the purchase price of the goods in respect of which such liability arises and this limitation shall apply to liability howsoever arising whether in contract or in tort and:
- In any case of liability in the part of the seller arising from breach of contract the seller shall be under no liability for damages or consequential loss to the buyer arising from the breach.
- Exclusion of Liability
The seller shall not be responsible for any damages whatsoever caused either to the products supplied or as a result of the malfunction of such products in the event that such products supplied are fitted by unqualified tradesmen or if such products be fitted in an untradesmanlike manner and/or if such products are in any way adapted to a use to which they are not specifically intended and/or if such products be added to or repaired by components not recommended or approved by the manufacturer of such products.
Credits sought for returned goods are at vendor’s discretion and:-
- Must be returned within 7 days of receipt;
- Must be returned freight free;
- Must be in good saleable condition in manufacturer’s/suppliers’ original containers, unsoiled and undamaged;
- Must be accompanied by number and date of supplying invoice;
- Item Ex not normal stock line, a 20% penalty will be incurred plus return freight;
- Stock line items returned after 7 days will incur a 10% penalty
- Procured items are non-returnable
- Electrical items are non-returnable
- Parts procured through Parts Trader are non-returnable
- A Credit shall not be raised for goods which have been incorrectly ordered by the buyer.
- Credits will not be paid in Cash.
This is an e-mail from Miles Group. Miles Group does not accept responsibility for any changes to this email or its attachments made after we have transmitted it. Miles Group does not accept responsibility for attachments made by others to this email.
The contents of this e-mail (including any attachments) may be privileged and confidential. Any unauthorised use of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise us by telephone 03 366 6622 immediately and then delete this e-mail together with all attachments.
All attachments have been subject to scanning by Symantec Antivirus software. However, Miles Group does not represent or warrant that files attached to this e-mail are free from computer viruses or other defects. Any attached files are provided and may only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files. The liability of Miles Group is limited in any event to either the re-supply of the attached files or the cost of having the attached files resupplied.
Electronic Transactions Act 2002
Please note that this communication does not designate an information system for the purposes of the Electronic Transactions Act 2002.
Finance through UDC is subject to lending criteria, terms, conditions, and fees. Follow the below links for details or speak to our in-house team for full details and advice.
- Standard Fees and Charges
- General Conditions
- Credit Sale Agreement (Personal)
- Term Loan (Personal)
- Security Agreement (Personal)
- Early Repayment Charge (Consumer)
- Subsequent Dealing (Change of address/Complaints/Dispute Resolution/Hardship/Defaults)
Finance through Heartland Bank is subject to lending criteria, terms, conditions, and fees. Follow the below links for details or speak to our in-house team for full details and advice.
Kia Scheduled Service Conditions
3 years scheduled service conditions. The Kia Scheduled Service Plan runs for the first 3 years from the date of first registration or up to 45,000km – whichever occurs first. The scheduled services performed will include all lubricants and genuine service parts required by the Kia service schedule (refer “Maintenance (Normal Maintenance Schedule)” in your Owner’s Manual. For full terms and conditions, your responsibilities, exclusions, and termination/ transfer details please see your Service Plan Contract or your local Kia dealer/service centre. Offer is not available to fleet, rental or government purchases or on Picanto models.
4 years scheduled service conditions. The Kia Scheduled Service Plan runs for the first 4 years from the date of first registration or up to 40,000km – whichever occurs first. The scheduled services performed will include all lubricants and genuine service parts required by the Kia service schedule (refer “Maintenance (Normal Maintenance Schedule)” in the Owner’s Manual. For full terms and conditions, your responsibilities, exclusions and termination/ transfer details please see your Service Plan Contract or your local Kia dealer/service centre. Offer is not available to lease companies, rental, government purchases or on demonstrator units.
Kia On-road Costs
All non-sale new vehicle pricing is ‘MRP’ (Maximum Retail Price) and excludes on-road costs unless stated as ‘driveaway’. On-road costs for new petrol vehicles are $1,195 which includes GST, 12 months registration, full tank of fuel, 3 years WOF, genuine floor mats, professional groom, and pre-delivery inspection. On-road costs for new diesel vehicles are $1,495 which includes the above plus the first 3,000km Road Users Charges.