Reyclability of vehicles: an environmental priority
PEUGEOT are committed to optimising resources by integrating green or recycled materials into production vehicles to sustain recycling channels and reducing our environmental footprint.
The environmental challenge
- Using materials from a responsible supply chain (respect for human rights, the environment and ethics)
- Responsibly handling end-of-life products (in particular vehicles and batteries for electric vehicles)
- Using materials compatible with the circular economy by focusing on two areas: the need to recover and recycle end-of-life vehicles and to recycle materials that are becoming scarce
- Using fewer natural resources that are increasingly expensive as they become scarcer
- Eliminating hazardous substances
The integration of recycled materials in PEUGEOT vehicles
- The use of natural hemp fibres for dashboard reinforcements
- The use of recycled polypropylene on the spoilers (air under the floor, under the tank, airbag, front/rear fenders) and in the front/rear bumpers
- The use of recycled polyamide in the wheel covers and the intake manifold, as well as in the fan-motor assembly
- The use of natural hemp fibres in windshield defroster ducts
- The use of recycled polypropylene in the spoilers or the spare wheel storage device
The environmental impact of our industry remains a priority for PEUGEOT and through its latest launches, we can see that this desire is being translated into concrete achievements, with record levels of natural and recycled material use.
Get in touch with our team
If you’d like to learn more about the PEUGEOT range, get in touch with us using the links below. Alternatively, give us a call at (09) 442 3323.