Full Size and Fully Electric: Kia EV9 SUV Now Available
Here at Cockram Kia we are excited to welcome the EV9 to our available range. Kia New Zealand has just released all the specifications, features, and pricing, which are detailed below. We can’t wait to show you the award-winning EV9, book your test drive now.
Press release via Kia New Zealand, 4 Dec 2023
Kia’s most technologically advanced vehicle, The EV9 is now available across New Zealand.
The new Kia EV9 SUV “features eco-oriented materials and encompasses style, sophistication and seven-seats – all in a zero-emissions package”. The EV9 comes in three different rim levels, pricing for the new model starts at $105,990* for the Light RWD SR.
Key New Features:
- Highway Driving Assist 2: Adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go capability, combining with Lane Following Assist (LFA) to keep the EV9 centered in the lane even when driving through a curve.
- Innovative Fingerprint Recognition can be used to start the vehicle.
- Zero-emissions complemented by use of sustainably sourced and eco-friendly materials.
- Three rows, seating for 7.
Words from the Managing Director of Kia New Zealand, Todd McDonald.
“It’s really exciting to have the new model on the road, it’s an incredible vehicle to drive and I know people are going to be amazed at the all-round power and performance on offer from this full-size, fully electric SUV.
The EV9 is the most technologically advanced Kia ever, it features eco-oriented materials and encompasses style, sophistication and seven-seats – all in a zero-emissions package. It showcases Kia’s ‘Opposites United’ design philosophy and represents the future of sustainable motoring.
It is also one of the most aerodynamic vehicles of its size thanks to the tech focused polygonal design language which delivers a fuselage-like side profile, resulting in an exceptional 0.28 drag coefficient (Cd).
The new Kia flagship EV9 arrives in New Zealand with an award-winning pedigree, fresh from success with a Golden Steering Wheel 2023 win in the ‘Family Cars’ category. The all-electric seven-seater SUV was also named ‘German Luxury Car of the Year 2024’ at the beginning of September.
It’s new, it’s dynamic and it’s boundary pushing from a looks, performance and technology standpoint. It’s an exciting new addition to the Kia lineup and we’re thrilled it’s now available in New Zealand.” -Todd McDonald, Kia New Zealand Managing Director
Technology like never before: A number of Kia firsts for New Zealand
The new Kia EV9 is an entirely new design built on the advanced Electric Global Modular Platform (E-GMP), which enabled engineers and designers to create a bold exterior combined with a spacious and feature-laden interior – plus the opportunity to load the new model full of leading edge tech, a number of which are new Kia technologies for the New Zealand market.
EV9 Standard Features
- Panoramic wide display that combines dual 12.3-inch cluster and infotainment displays
- Fingerprint Recognition
- Highway Driving Assist 2 (HDA2) + Lane Change Assist (LCA)
- Lane Following Assist (LFA)
- Navigation-based Smart Cruise Control (NSCC)
- Hands-on Detection (HOD)
- Improved battery density and efficiency
- Suspension technology developed specifically for AU and NZ
- Parking Distance warning
- Digital Side Mirrors and a Digital Centre Mirror on EV9 GT-Line
- Windscreen projection display
- 0-100km/h in 5.3-seconds.
- Park Assist
- Collision Avoid
An array of Advanced Driver Assistance (ADAS) technologies ensure occupants can relax, secure in the knowledge that EV9 is continuously monitoring the surroundings, ready to react automatically if needed, to ensure their utmost safety, as well as the safety of occupants of other vehicles, and pedestrians.
Kia has committed to carbon neutrality by 2045 and has successfully implemented more than 30 sustainable solutions in various product areas, including fabrics and carpets using recycled PET, bio-based alternative leather, and BTX*-free paint (*Benzene, Toluene, Xylene).
In the case of the EV9, upcycled waste, including fishing nets retrieved from the ocean, is used to create the vehicle’s floor carpets.
Other sustainability initiatives found on the EV9 include eucalyptus leaves which are used to form the headliners, while seats and interior fabric are made from a composite of recycled plastic bottles and wool fibres.
Drive With Confidence
The new Kia EV9 receives a generous
- five-year roadside assistance programme
- five-year/ 150,000km factory warranty^
- eight-year/ 160,000km battery warranty^
International Awards and Accolades
The EV9 has taken the world by storm with its spacious interior, striking design, and ultra-fast charging technology. It sets new standards in the SUV segment and the awards it has received are a testament to the SUV’s popularity.
The seven-seater was a finalist for the 2024 North American Car, Truck and Utility Vehicle of the Year, the European Car of the Year 2024 and the 2024 World Car Awards.
The Kia EV9 has so far won;
- ‘Family Car of the Year’ -2023 Top Gear
- ‘Luxury Vehicle’ – German Car of The Year 2024
- ‘Best Family Car’ – Golden Steering Wheel 2023
- Five-star ANCAP safety rating – 2023